- - - - -

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Unboxing/Review of the Sailor Moon x ma chére cosette? collaboration! ♡


This blog post is just a short unboxing and review of the bracelet set collaborated between Sailor Moon and ma chére cosette?! (the question mark seems to be part of the brand so just go with it haha!)
I first heard of the collaboration back in December on the Sailor Moon Collectibles website! There were 10 sets total (one for each senshi) and while they all were beautiful, Sailor Moon's caught my eye the most. Sailor Moon is truly my favorite senshi of all ten (Pluto coming in second) and her bracelet had two of my favorite things centered around it: the color pink and moons! Here's a photo of all the bracelets, each having a bow with their signature colors and a planetary symbol to represent them!
They ran for about ¥4800 (¥5182 including Japan tax) which is roughly $45 on Super Groupies! When I saw the price I was really ecstatic because I was expecting it to be much more expensive. After my initial freak out of excitement, I realized that to purchase the item I'd need a shopping service! I've made Taobao orders before (ordering from a Chinese only website with a middleman to ship to me), but I haven't done any kind of shopping on Japanese websites! Luckily, thanks to the suggestions of a friend (thank you Hee-chan!!) I was able to find one and buy the bracelet successfully! 
The shopping service I used was FromJapan and everything was pretty self-explanatory and really easy to understand! I placed a "request" for them to preorder my item, and within 2 hours they emailed me back asking for the money to pay for it and their fees~! After I paid and my order was secure I was to wait until my item arrived at their warehouse (release date was scheduled in March 2016) to pay for shipping to me! 
The entire process was smooth and quick and I'm already planning on using FJ again for exclusive orders! So I definitely recommend them, but let's get on with the review!
The box that housed the bracelet was super pretty and was shaped like a book! As soon as you open it there's a little note on the left side!
The bracelet set itself is even more gorgeous in person. The crystals are so sparkly it's breathtaking to see in the sunlight and the removable charms really tie the bracelet together! 
The bracelet can stretch from 160-220 mm (6.2-8.6 inches) and I thought that was pretty generous, but to me it seems a bit smaller than what it says. I don't have any issues in this regard because my wrists are really tiny! The bracelet itself isn't as fragile as it looks, thankfully, and it doesn't feel cheap. 
I'm planning on wearing this day-to-day so I feel more secure about it not possibly breaking! 
I don't regret this purchase at all and I'm so happy that I finally have it in my hands (or on my wrist in this case...), it really fits in with my wardrobe, is a subtle nod to my love of Sailor Moon herself and the series, and is just all around a beautiful piece to have. If they ever re-release I want to get Pluto and Jupiter's bracelets as well! 

13 comments:

  1. its so pretty! I love how the gems look. I use from japan as well there brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love them too!! My favorites are the pearls :'> and they are really efficient I can't wait to use them again~!

      Delete
  2. That's really pretty! I'd take forever to choose which one I'd want.
    http://emilymaiko.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I was lucky haha it never takes me long!

      Delete
  3. So lovely! I can never pick only one for myself


    Mellie,
    http://themelliediaries.blogspot.my/

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw so cute and beautiful *-* I love Sailor Moon so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really cute omg! n.n
    wishfulfella//blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  6. We want you to sponsor our shop at www.kawaiikutie.com. Email us at sales@kawaiikutie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These items are so cute! My niece would love to have them!

    ReplyDelete